Alpha

Since my last update I have been working more on my enemy movement scripting and figuring out their different paths so there isn't much of an update to the map. There is a lot of scripting for the enemies and it's definitely a pain. At first I found the line of sight difficult to figure out as I literally had to be touching nose to nose for the enemy to spot me which obviously isn't ideal and they couldn't see me if I crouched. I then found tutorials online on an enemies line of sight and added a script where it follows wherever my head goes if I am within a certain distance. 

I'm finding the layout of my map a little difficult to figure out. It's hard to figure out a path system that isn't really straight forward. I think from now on I will try to stop over thinking about my map design and trying to make it too difficult where it's not fun just to casually play. 

I am happy with where I have gotten so far with scripting my enemy's movement, line of sight and the script where it follows my movement. I am currently going back over my map and simplifying certain paths. 



Beginning Screen

Comments

  1. Hey Dylan

    Glad to see that your game is coming along well. I feel your pain with the scripting it can be a real nightmare at times and the fact that you have a small simple start menu says a lot. Over thinking on the world building is always so bad it just goes to show how much effort you're putting into it.

    Good luck with your game.
    Oisín

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dylan,

    Sounds like everything is coming along nicely for you! I can't wait to see it in action. I get what you mean about a map that's not too straightforward. It's difficult to come up with your own puzzles - I don't know where you're supposed to start. Every time I'm playing a game now I'm wondering how they actually thought the puzzles out.

    Would you consider posting a video of the gameplay to really show off what you've achieved? I think you'd get a good reaction.

    Hope the last few steps work well for you!

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts