Growth Mindset: Tips to Boost Your Confidence

For this Growth Mindset task, I watched a video on tips to boost your confidence. I chose this video as I feel that this is something I and a lot of other students have a problem with at times and it can be something extremely difficult to get over.


Confidence - Youtube

Failure is something we are all afraid of and this video gives three tips on how to boost your confidence and to stop worrying so much about failure as it happens to us all. The three tips given to us are 
  1. Try a quick fix. 
  2. Believe in your ability. 
  3. Practice failure. 
Picture success when you begin a difficult task, like listen to motivational music for example or talk yourself up before you move on with whatever task is in front of you. Believe in the ability that you have, you know that you are talented and yet you let this anxiety take over. Try and develop your beliefs with a growth mindset rather than a fixed mindset. Practice something difficult that you know may even fail at, this is how you realize that this is how you get better as you get older with how you accept mistakes and it doesn't bring you down. 

Something new I learned is the quick fix method above. I guess it's something a lot of us do subconsciously and I guess I never really put that much thought into it but it's definitely something really useful and something I will try to implement more into my own life. Getting yourself prepared for failure is something we all try to avoid but maybe it shouldn't be. Learning to accept failure is a difficult task but will be worth it as time goes on. 

In the future I will try and take this information and make use of it as much as possible as I want to grow my own confidence. Being confident is something I have struggled with a lot, especially when it comes to creativity, I sometimes hold back on certain ideas as I worry how they might sound stupid or I overthink certain ideas and that's something I want to stop doing. Overall I found this growth mindset video very helpful!


Growth Mindset - edgalaxy
 




Comments

Popular Posts