Learning Challenge: short film

Alike - Short Film

For this learning challenge I watched an amazing short animated film named Alike. Watching videos like these really makes me want to try out animation as I just find it fascinating how much emotion you can put into these characters you create. I really liked this movie in particular it really puts you in a good mood. It didn't feel like 8 minutes at all as I watched and it definitely felt like a quick watch.

This video confirmed to me that happiness is achieved not only by you but by what you surround yourself with. As the child begins to clearly become unhappy his color and appearance changes as the male character begins to frustrate and upset him. When the adult realizes this he begins to find ways to make himself and the child happy again. As the short film showed, it is sometimes the simplest things that can bring a smile to our faces so even when we feel down we should try find the positives in everything. There is something out silent films that amazes me as when they are done really well, they sometimes make you feel more than even a regular film would.

Something new I learned is the smaller details in animation are sometimes the most important. The little character movements and showings of emotions like a little smirk or frown make such a big difference to how we react to the story.

One thing I am now curious to explore is more animations like this. In my own time I may even mess around with animating really basic motions on free programs I may find. I will definitely do this at some point as animation is always something I found really interesting but just never thought I would be good at. I am trying to get out of the mindset of thinking I won't be good at different things so I know trying some easy animation will surprise me.


gif - InVision

Comments

Popular Posts