Unity Free Tutorials

For this week of Unity tutorials I looked through many different videos to see what I could add to my own game. Below are some tutorials that I found useful.


Brightness slider - Unity Tutorial

I decided to add a brightness slider as I am creating a stealth game and I know many people including myself find some stealth games too dark where as other may really like that aspect of the game. This was really useful as just an option for people before they begin the game. This tutorial was pretty easy to follow and I feel it added a lot to my game.

Another tutorial I am attempting to follow is an X-Ray vision type of mechanic for my stealth game. This is way more advanced but it's something I still want to add. I'm struggling the most with this as I feel that there aren't many step by step tutorials for beginners but there are many helpful videos from a channel called "Makin' Stuff Look Good". Here is one of the tutorials I am attempting to follow, I achieved the X-Ray vision but it seems to be messing up my camera for some reason but hopefully I figure that out!




For the rest of my game I am following many tutorials on a stealth game created by Unity themselves which I am finding really helpful. I'm changing as much as I can so that I don't end up with something similar to the game they are showing us how to create. 

Laser Grids - Unity


Overall I am looking forward to seeing where I end up with my game as I know that I have chosen something that's actually quite difficult. There is a lot coding included in my game which is new to me but I am finding it interesting at the same time. There has definitely been a load of moments where I get frustrated with not being able to figure something out but I know I am only a beginner so I can't overthink it! Looking forward to seeing what other tutorials I can find to help me in my game. Here are some images from my game so far!





Comments

Popular Posts