Week 9 Reading and Writing

Looking Back: 

Looking back on my readings and writings, I am definitely happy with the progress I have made. I have managed to keep up with all readings and writings and even got a week or two ahead at one point. I haven't exactly stuck to my original schedule that I planned as I just felt that it wasn't realistic with how I work. I still have managed to keep up with all of my blogs which I initially was worried about each week. 

The actual readings themselves have been really informative and I found most of them very helpful each week. My favorite reading was actually our first reading on answering the question What is game design?. I liked this one as everything was brand new to me and I found these readings so helpful for a beginner and really easy to understand. In terms of my actual game, the readings and writing assignments are definitely helping. They give you information that you wouldn't really have thought about looking up yourself. Looking through all these readings helped me develop my own game as they gave me great insight on game design. 

I am really happy with my game project so far, I have learned so many new things whether it's on Unity itself or just how to plan a game in general. It takes a lot of work but it's definitely worth it once you get something you're proud of. My biggest accomplishment so far is probably just how far I have gotten with my game as I thought I would keep putting it off. 

Looking Forward: 

I am happy with what I have been doing so far, so I guess moving forward I would just like to stick with the pace I am at now and make sure I don't end up falling behind somehow. I would like to work on my game more as the last week I haven't done much with it, I know if I stick with a schedule I could get the game finished in no time. I want to try and understand more about the basics of Unity in my own time so I could implement certain mechanics in games I may make in the future. I also look forward to showing people my game and seeing how they respond, it will definitely be a new experience for us all so it's great to share all of our games with each other. 

Image: 


First Playable

I chose this image as it's my first playable and it shows where I have gotten so far. The map isn't so great so far but it shows just how long everything else took to add into the game. I definitely think it's fair to say I have put a lot of effort into my game so I look forward to seeing how it turns out and the feedback I get to see where I went wrong or could do better! 

Comments

  1. Hi Dylan,

    The readings have proved more useful than I thought they would be at first. I've learned a lot from them too, and writing about them afterwards really helps the information to sink in. Game Design became a lot easier after reading about it first. I definitely would have made a lot more mistakes if I'd just jumped straight into it like I would have liked to. I'm glad you find the useful too.

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts