Reading 4

This Matrix Method reminds me of one of the reasons I chose CDM... my brain isn't enjoying taking in all this research. 

Although I'm interested in my topics I feel like i'm just quickly reading through them and not taking much in so that I can get them done which I hopefully get better at. 

Leading up to this weeks reading I have been working on my Matrix Method documents and have been adding them to our shared documents within our chapters. For this reading, we are asked to look at literature reviews and also learn about discursive writing to add to this. The step by step guide really made it easier to understand the basics of discursive writing and will make it easier to plan for the next steps and show how we can write in a more professional manner. I feel that the Matrix Method takes ridiculously long although I see why it's important. It also seems like i'm looking for sources for longer than it takes to read them. I am confident with writing on my topics for the book, I just need to get better with this research as it seems to take me too long for each source. 

I may take the advice of the reading and try out writing some things myself before I move on to writing the book online. This way I can easily spot my mistakes and when I fix all that I can, I can bring it online and do my final touches once digital. I also need to get better at paraphrasing as sometimes I tend to stick too close to the original source so I need to make sure I really understand everything I am talking about. 

To take a little break from reading, I looked up some YouTube videos and came across this. I found it really helpful!



Why Games Need Stories - Youtube


Comments

Popular Posts