Unity tutorial 04


For this tutorial, I followed along with Unit 2 from Unity's Tutorials.  

Lesson 2.1: Player Positioning

This was relatively easy to follow as it was just the basics of setting up the tutorial before we began coding. I didn't have any problems with this Lesson and found it easy to follow. 

Lesson 2.2: Food Flight

This part of the tutorial began getting a little more difficult. For some reason, my Unity kept crashing once I added the first script. I fixed it eventually by re-installing and changing settings so I got there in the end. I made the character shoot pizza slices at the animals once you press space bar. Again, I didn't have many problems with following along with this tutorial as I found it very simple once you take the time to follow step by step. 

Lesson 2.3: Random Animal Stampede

I had a couple problems with this part of the tutorial. The one major problem that I couldn't figure out was that I was getting an error message as I tried to press the s button to spawn more animals. I eventually figure out that I had added the animals to the script from the hierarchy rather than in the prefab folder by mistake. It was cool to experiment with the different camera perspectives as well as learning more about the basics of code. If i'm being honest, I still wouldn't have much confidence in trying to code a lot of this myself but I'm hoping that as we go on with these tutorials it will become much easier to spot mistakes and even write stuff up ourselves.



Screenshot - Unity



Comments

Popular Posts