Unity Tutorial 3

For this Unity Tutorial, I learned a lot more about Game Objects and Scripts and specifically, how to create a working clock that displays the current time. I was familiar with creating objects and working with them so that was fairly easy to follow. Scripts is where the difficulty lies for me, it's very easy to just copy and paste scripts but understanding them is very different.

At first it was a bit weird following instructions instead of video, watching is much easier for me to get a better understanding, in saying that I still got through it pretty handily. Creating the clock itself was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be. Creating the periphery and the arms was very easy to follow which surprised me.

One thing I found very helpful about this tutorial was that it went a lot more into detail about C# and described everything well for a beginner. Getting further into the coding did get very difficult to understanding, I definitely couldn't re-create this just from memory as there is so much detail in coding and it's not really something a beginner would really understand after one read through. This definitely shows just how time consuming designing a game is, you would think creating a clock would be very simple but it takes a while and a lot of coding knowledge. I will definitely consider using this clock in my game as I find it would be interesting in the final product!


Simple Clock Design (My own image)

Comments

Popular Posts