Growth Mindset: Learning From other Students

I did some research on other students advice on mindset and all the different things we can do to develop as students and even help in your personal life. I found many interesting quotes that were really thought-provoking and had me questioning what I could do to start putting this information to use. There were two quotes that stood out to me the most. 


"Learning" - Flickr

The first quote that stood out to me was simple, "You will be okay". I chose this quote as I feel that it's something we all need to tell ourselves more way more often. Unfortunately this is something that we all have a problem doing at times. Thinking the worst of situations all the time is an easy hole to fall into, this is why growth mindset is such an important topic! We all need to realize that everything will all be okay, something that seems so huge now will seem small in the future and we will look back thinking "Why did I put so much stress on myself?". 

This is definitely something that I need to work on myself, as I sometimes worry way too much and put a lot of stress on myself. It is something I did last year that looking back now I question why I even felt that way. Experience is everything though and I have definitely learned a lot already about keeping this quote in mind whilst trying to grow and develop my mindset for the better. 

The second quote that I thought was really helpful is "Find the lesson", this is really great advice in my opinion and something I think will really benefit me in the future if I keep this advice in mind. Finding the lesson out of every failure is essential to get the best out of your ability. If you don't find the lesson out of something that didn't go how you wanted it to, you truly are failing as you aren't taking the benefits from it. 

Finding the lesson will be very important as a college student and will be essential over the time I spend in college. I need to keep this in mind for any projects we do in the future or anything I have done already, there is so much lessons to learn from all of them, especially the ones I felt I could have done better in! 

Overall I think the two quotes I chose will benefit me greatly both as a student and in my personal life. I'm really liking looking further into growth mindset as it is something I feel I have always needed to work on. I can already see some changes in myself and correcting my thoughts whenever I can sense myself getting overly negative. I'm finding great benefits from all of this information and looking forward to using it as much as I can daily! 

Comments

Popular Posts