Unity Tutorial 06


Logo - Unity


For this tutorial I started off by changing the skybox for a different effect on the view of the map. There are many materials to choose from for the skybox so it was great to see how I could change my game however I wanted with these materials. I will choose a darker skybox as it is important for most stealth games. I also learned how to change the environment color which is a cool effect, it can sometimes look a bit strange but with the right setting it could be a great addition. We then looked at changing the wind zones for effects on objects like trees.

In the second tutorial we looked at how to pickup a weapon rather than starting off with it. This is really useful as I may potentially add some hidden weapons throughout my stealth game. I'm not positive I will include weapons yet but it's good to know how to do it just in case. We then looked at how to create a fade screen, which is a great touch to the beginning of the game so it starts smoothly rather than just jumping straight to the action. This is definitely something I will use in my own game.

In the third tutorial we fixed some bugs with the axes. We also added a fade out screen for when you finish your game. The tutorial then messed around with the environment and made it look way more aesthetic, this won't really apply to my game as it will be much darker.

Overall I found these tutorials helpful and I will definitely include plenty of what I have learned into my own game!






Comments

Popular Posts