Unity Tutorial 05

I started this weeks tutorials off with tutorial six from Jimmy Vegas where we created a dynamic HUD/UI. I found this tutorial really interesting seeing how cursors work and how you can change the look of them, I would never have thought that would be how you changed cursor styles. I found this tutorial very straight forward and felt it had a lot of useful information that I will use for my own game whether its exploring different cursors or creating text under a button to pick something up.

For episode 7 we created a basic weapon which I found really fun. I love shooter games so I was excited to mess around with this tutorial and see how everything works in case I wanted to implement this in my own game rather than the axe used in the tutorial. Animating the axe was really cool too, the idea of recording a movement and then playing it is something I didn't expect. 

We then added layers to are objects to prevent clipping which will be essential in all of our games so that was very helpful too. Lastly I added C# to time the animation of swinging the axe and I added a sound effect to the swing also. The code is still something I find hard to understand at times but that's expected for a beginner, I will eventually start understanding how the code works as I develop my own game. Overall I found these tutorials really enjoyable and they definitely helped give me plenty of ideas of what I can do to make my own game better.


Unity Tutorial (Own image)

Comments

Popular Posts