Tech Tip: Blog Profile

For this Tech Task, I took a closer look at my blog profile and decided on what information I wanted to display on myself. I decided on no profile image for now as I don't really have any that are more professional for a blog so I will wait to include that another time.

I made a couple changes to my blog profile, I added some interests, music I like and also just a general description of who I am. This was all very basic information but information I felt was necessary nonetheless. I feel that adding some personal interests and music that I like would just give the blog more of a feeling of who I am rather than just having little to no information about me.

My online identity isn't something I have thought about a lot. I have a range of social medias including Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and much more. All of these include just regular information about me, I don't really put too much thought into what information I want to hide or not. I'm really an open book for the most part, if people don't find me interesting it doesn't bother me that just means we may have nothing in common. That's why I feel it's important to at least have a little information about yourself on your profile as it may end up sparking conversation, you never know who you could meet!

I guess now that I'm putting more thought into it, my online identity is something I should definitely work on. Especially with the course I am in, online is everything! If I go about everything the right way and have everything online for potential jobs after I graduate, it will make the whole process after graduating so much easier! The key ingredients will be building my portfolio of work and showing them in the right way. What I mean by this is being strategical about how I want to portray my online work as I know it will be important when the time comes to graduate and go out into the real world!

Comments

Popular Posts