Workshop 01

In our very first workshop we were given questions and we were asked to write down our personal feelings of things we would like to improve on from last year and what worked well. This started off as a personal exercise and we were then asked to share it among the group, there was a variety of answers given for each question. We also did a little exercise in groups where we had to come together and write about traffic lights and give our explanation on how a 4 way junction worked with no turning lights or pedestrian buttons.

There is a lot of information to take in from workshop 1 in regards to what we will be doing this semester/year. There were many topics discussed that are brand new to me and also some I am familiar with from last year. I personally don't know a lot about driving and all the different systems in place so I found the traffic lights exercise interesting. Initially I stared blankly at the image as I wasn't expecting to be doing an exercise like this but once I got pen to paper and used flow charts I found that this exercise was very helpful when it comes to working in a group and also for logical thinking. I have also learned a lot through simple exercises like us all sharing what we wanted to improve on was very beneficial as many people had different answers which definitely helped motivate me towards different goals I hadn't even thought of. Working together in groups showed me that good communication is key to coming to a solution and will definitely be essential for doing well in this course and especially this year. We are all creative in our own ways and we benefit from each other when in groups for several reasons so this was definitely a great way to start us off getting comfortable with each other in a different way.

Having to write about my experience is definitely something I find very beneficial overall and something I feel comfortable with. I think that a lot more deep thought is expressed through writing about yourself and your experiences. It's always hard at first to reflect about experiences but I feel that it gets easier once you just begin writing down your thoughts, overall I found both this workshop and writing about it very helpful. Below is an image I found through a keyword "Teamwork" that I feel is the big take away from this workshop.

"Team work" - pixabay



Comments

Popular Posts