Time Strategies

Time management is definitely something I struggle with and something I found difficult in the first year of college. Sometimes I spend way too long on something and I end up losing time for something else that is just as important. Other times I just don't stick to a schedule and end up having to squash two or three things in one day which is even worse.

I'm definitely looking to work on this over the year ahead and will try stick to it as much as possible. I will most likely change the schedule to suit better as we go on. I gave some articles a read to help me get a better feeling of what I should do and to see what would motivate me.

I started off by reading through an article called The Important Habit of Just Starting by Jory Mackay.
This title caught my attention as it's one of the problems I can have at times and hope to get better at. The idea of living your life and having regrets about not chasing your dreams is scary for us all when you really put thought into it. It's true what the article says about "hurting ourselves by focusing on short-term pleasure at the cost of long term". Quotes like these really make you put deeper thought into topics like these as majority of the time people just block these thoughts out. The formula created by Dr. Piers Steel included in the article is a really unique outlook and something I think would benefit many people. I really like the idea he has towards our lack of motivation "he equates our day-to-day lives as trying to diet in a candy store and then being blamed for getting fat". We are all definitely effected by the world around us and we need to find ways to find motivation wherever we can.

Another article I chose is called 11 Ways Unsuccessful People Mismanage Their Time by Áine Cain.
This article showed many different ways that we waste our time and I found that there were definitely a few I could work on myself. Getting distracted easily is one of the major ones that I feel everyone needs to work on at some stage. This leads to even worse time schedule managements. Settings goals is something else that I really want to focus on. I always just have minor goals that I never really put thought into or just don't stick to after awhile so this is a huge point to focus on. Having something to work towards is essential for motivation and will make it easier to prevent procrastination.

From reading these articles I have learned a lot about what to do and what not to do. I will definitely put more time into reading articles like these over the semester as so far I have found them really helpful.


"Motivation" - pixabay


                      


Comments

Popular Posts