Unity Tutorial 02

With a long break from Unity (and from college in general) I decided to go straight back to the basics and remind myself of the basics of C# and Unity in general. To do this, I followed along with a Unity Tutorial that is basically a driving simulation. https://learn.unity.com/project/unit-1-driving-simulation?courseId=5cf96c41edbc2a2ca6e8810f

This tutorial was very easy to follow and split up perfectly into short little videos so beginners don't feel overwhelmed by a ton of new information. You can also track your progress if you are logged into your Unity account so that helps just in case you're like me and always lose tracks of where you were. I followed lesson 1.1-1.3 which was based on player movement. I was still very familiar with Unity and it's layout so it was mostly coding that I wanted to focus on understanding a little more rather than just finding code and throwing it in and not taking the time to understand it, which I did a couple times in the development of my first game.

I'm looking forward to learning more about coding from scratch with these tutorials as I feel that these short videos are just easier to take in as I can do it in my own pace. Let's see where the tutorials take us!

Comments

Popular Posts