Reading 6

This week has been the time to start writing body paragraphs. Unfortunately i'm a little bit behind due to illness but I am trying to catch up here and there when i'm able.

I'm starting to think more about what to write for my topics. I have done a decent amount of research through the Matrix Method documents we used and I have also been watching Youtube videos on my topics. I am beginning the chapter of Storytelling so I think it only makes sense to give a brief introduction of what "Storytelling" actually means when it comes to games and maybe a little bit about the history behind it. After my introduction to the chapter, I will go into detail on the reasons why we put stories into games and describe what it is about stories that keep us involved. I found an interesting Blog Post about narrative in video games that has some brief history behind it, which may have some topics that I can touch on in my introduction or one of my topics. 

After I write about the importance of storytelling in games, I will go on to talk about the different elements needed to make a great storytelling game. This is my second topic "What makes a story driven game". I could go about writing on this topic a couple ways. I could go into the different elements needed for a storytelling game, I could talk about items that could be added to a game that enhance a story, I could even talk about the differences between a story driven game and a game play driven game and point out the key points needed to balance the two.  I feel like I will try to use popular games as examples in what I write as I could use certain things from these games to compliment the points that I am trying to get across to the reader. 

Over the weekend I am going to try write out an introduction and as much as I can on my first topic.


Storytelling - Source


Comments

Popular Posts