Beta

I have enjoyed creating a game and I am happy to get to this stage where I can present a decent Beta. There have been more than a handful of times where I felt like I wouldn't figure different things out whether it's scripting or simply laying out my map. 


Final Map - My Game

This is pretty much the final layout of my map. The facility you have to infiltrate is on the left and the outside is just the simple design of the outside. I added trees to the outside and removed their leaves. I think that since you have to retrieve a "virus" it would give the idea that the virus is effecting the environment around it. This works too as the enemies are robots that are defending the facility so they wouldn't be effected by this virus. 


WayPoints - My Game

I added waypoints for my enemies to follow a certain path. This was actually difficult at first as I had to create a NavMesh which was kind of difficult at first. I figured it out though and got the enemy paths working so now they wont walk into walls and will know the environment around them. I also added an alarm that sounds if you are seen by a camera or walk into a laser grid since the enemies are now on the map. 


Overhead Side - My Game

Here is another angle of my map. I added some more terminals just to make it a little more interesting. I was spending a lot of time on the map as I was struggling with coming up with a good layout where you could have different paths to follow. I decided to stick with what I had now as I think it's difficult enough. 

I'm pretty happy with how my game turned out overall. I'll play it again at some stage and see if there's anything that needs changing. For now I look forward to seeing everyone else's!


Comments

  1. Hiya Dylan,

    Your game looks absolutely insane and looked so good on Wednesday during the show and tell! It looks very professional and really makes you nervous and want to win!

    The way you have designed your map and the different layouts as well as all the terminals is really impressive!

    Can’t wait to see what you do in semester 2
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts